Data Science Instructor
Part-time / freelancer
We are looking for a Data Scientist to facilitate our online courses.
Our Data Science courses give students the skills they need to launch new careers in analytics and data science, or to leverage data in their current jobs.
Skills and qualifications
- You have at least 6 months of professional data science experience.
- You are an expert in SQL, Python, and related Python libraries (pandas, numpy).
- You have domain expertise in statistics, mathematics, and probability.
- You can build and apply statistical models in python using machine learning libraries, such as scikit-learn and statsmodels.
- You have a deep understanding of statistical hypothesis testing and experimental design, data visualization techniques and tools (i.e. matplotlib, bokeh, etc), and manipulation of large data sets.
- You can demonstrate and explain the function of machine learning algorithms such as regularized regression, naive bayes, decision trees, ensemble methods, KNN, K-means clustering, and neural networks.
- You are as passionate about teaching data science as you are about practicing it.
- You have a knack for explaining even the most complicated concepts in easy-to-understand ways.
- You are based in the Boston, MA area.
NICE TO HAVE: previous data science or engineering teaching experience, through a course, workshop, team training, etc.
Responsibilities and duties
- Teach one live webinar course per month. Courses typically meet online once a week, for 1 to 2 hours, usually in the evening or on weekends.
- Instructors will need to commit a few hours per week preparing lessons and materials, leveraging existing Edlitera curriculum content.
- Work alongside Edlitera staff to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
- Guide students through the development of real world projects that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community during live sessions and outside of them, on the class forum.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of learning complex subjects.
Why teach at Edlitera?
Deepen your own skills by teaching a topic that you are passionate about.
Change people’s lives by opening up new career possibilities.
Help students get over the fear of programming, and make progress towards mastery.
Enjoy a flexible schedule, with the opportunity for working remotely.