Part-time / freelancer
We are looking for a programmer to facilitate our online courses.
Our programming courses enable people to learn programming for the first time, or to improve their programming skills under the guidance of expert instructors.
Skills and qualifications
- You have at least 2 years of professional experience as a coder.
- You are an expert in Python.
- You are familiar with at least one other object-oriented programming language.
- You are as passionate about teaching programming as you are about programming itself.
- You have a knack for explaining even the most complicated concepts in easy-to-understand ways.
- You are based in the Boston, MA area.
NICE TO HAVE: previous data science or engineering teaching experience, through a course, workshop, team training, etc.
Responsibilities and duties
- Teach one live webinar course per month. Courses typically meet online once a week, for 1 to 2 hours, usually in the evening or on weekends.
- As an instructor, you will need to commit a few hours per week preparing lessons and materials, leveraging existing Edlitera curriculum content.
- Work alongside Edlitera staff to best meet the needs and learning styles of your students.
- Guide students through the development of real world projects that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community during live sessions and outside of them, on the class forum.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of learning complex subjects.
Why teach at Edlitera?
Deepen your own skills by teaching a topic that you are passionate about.
Change people’s lives by opening up new career possibilities.
Help students get over the fear of programming, and make progress towards mastery.
Enjoy a flexible schedule, with the opportunity for working remotely.