Intro to Python for Engineers (January 11 Late)
Do you know a programming language other than Python? Curious to dive into Python? This course is made especially for you!
Thursdays, 09:00PM EST
What will I learn?
- Master the fundamentals of Python programming.
- Learn the ways in which Python is different from other programming languages, and its similarities to them.
- Gain an understanding of Python’s role in the data science ecosystem.
- Get started writing and running Python scripts.
- Learn how to use Python to automate manual tasks.
- Get live guidance from a team of world-class instructors and mentors.
- Learn practical programming skills that are in demand by today’s best employers.
- Start coding in Python from day one.
- Enjoy access to a comprehensive collection of proprietary learning materials and resources.
- Practice what you are learning with real-world problems and miniprojects.
Getting Started with Python
Get set up with Python and start writing code using simple data types.
How Python Works Under the Hood & Simple Data Types
Learn about the ways in which Python set out to be different from other programming languages. Get started with simple data types in Python.
Complex Data Types & Making Choices with Code
Learn how to use more complex constructs, and write simple scripts that make choices.
Objects in Python
Learn how to create & use objects in Python.
Writing Reusable Code
Learn how to write reusable code, and how to reuse your and other people's code.
Working with Files and Exceptions
Learn how to read from and write to a file programmatically. Practice raising and handling exceptions in your code.
Live, Online, Instructor-Led
Learn face-to-face in live online sessions with your instructor and peers from anywhere in the world.
All our trainings involve in-class, hands on practice that is relevant to your team's goals. At the end of the training, your team will be ready to hit the ground running.
Learn from an elite team of industry experts who have taught at universities such as Harvard, and have trained teams at companies such as ANZ Bank.
Help When You Need It
Forget about the frustration of getting stuck while watching online videos. Our instructors are here to help in-between sessions, so you can have a smooth learning experience.
Get started now
Your registration covers:
- Access to all 6 live instructor-led sessions
- Recordings of all 6 live sessions.
- Practice problems and projects with solutions.
- Comprehensive resources.
- Personalized feedback and support.
1. GETTING STARTED WITH PYTHON• What is Python?
• How to run Python code (REPL, editor, Jupyter notebooks).
2. COMMENTS AND DOCUMENTATION IN PYTHON
• Python comments.
• Built-in helper functions.
3. SIMPLE DATA TYPES• Strings.
• What is an object?
• Variables, objects and references.
5. LISTS AND TUPLES
• What are they?
• Useful methods of lists and tuples.
• When to use a list and when to use a tuple.
6. DICTIONARIES• What are they?
7. CONDITIONALS AND LOOPS• ‘for’ loops.
• Insider a loop: ’break’, ‘continue’, ‘pass’.
8. FUNCTIONS• How to define a function.
• Exception basics.
• ‘try’, ‘except’, ‘else’, ‘finally’.
10. WORKING WITH FILES• Opening files.
• Writing and reading files.
11. MODULES AND PACKAGES
• What are they?
• Installing modules and packages.
• How to use modules and packages.
• How to write your own modules and packages.
12. GENERAL TIPS
• Best practices for writing good Python code.